7 Fun Facts About Swimming Pools
The days are getting longer and brighter. The sultry glow of the sunshine on your shoulders points to the fact that swimming weather is right around the corner. If you are like us, you love summertime and the incredible fun that your backyard pool brings. Today we’ll explore some fun facts about one of our favorite items—the swimming pool!
Did You Know? Fun Facts About Swimming Pools that Will Blow Your Mind
If you are getting your pool ready for swim season, be encouraged! You’re about to embark on the most fun season of the year. (Ok—Christmas might be a tie for first, but we seriously love, love, love swimming!) Here’s some fun facts to get you in the water weather mood this year.
- Did you know that there are 10.6 MILLION swimming pools in America?
- Did you know that California and Florida contain about 40% of all the pools located in the U.S.?
- Did you know the biggest backyard swimming pool is located in… wait for it… TEXAS?! The jumbo pool contains 600,000 gallons of water. As they say, “Everything’s bigger in Texas.”
- Did you know that swimming is the 4th most popular sport in America?
- Did you know that 65% of American’s don’t even know how to swim? (Psst—you should invite them over and teach them how.)
- Did you know that 35% of people jump into a public pool without showering first? Eww.
- Did you know that the largest swimming pool in the world is located in Chile? According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the pool covers 20 acres and contains 66 million gallons of seawater. That’s one huge pool!
Get your pool swim worthy! You’ll add your own fun facts about swimming in the beauty of your own backyard pool. Don’t have a pool? Call us today at 936-327-2531. We’ll schedule your free consult and show you the in-ground and above-ground options that can make your backyard the most fun you’ve had in ages. With a pool from Backyard Oasis, you’ll find a little piece of heaven… right in your own backyard.