Get the perfect deck for your Hot Spring Spa
The seasons are changing. You can feel it in the air. Thoughts turn to spring … and home improvement projects, including decks. After all, who doesn’t want a lovely place to sit outdoors and contemplate life?
This time of year, we get a lot of calls from people who want to add a hot tub to their ongoing deck project. While it can be done, you’ll save yourself time, money and frustration if you include the hot tub you want in your deck design planning from the very beginning.
Let us tell you why …
- The size and weight of your hot tub will significantly affect your deck plans, as will the electrical requirements. If you get your hot tub first, there will be no questions about what your deck will need to support.
- Some spas, like the Hot Spring Spas we carry, come with some of the electrical components you’ll need for installation. For that reason, we don’t recommend pre-installing the wiring. You just might have to un-do it.
- By purchasing your hot tub beforehand, we can work with your deck installer to make sure your hot tub installation is to code for your area.
- When you’re relaxing in your hot tub, you want to enjoy the best view possible. We can help you make sure your hot tub is positioned so you’re gazing out over your yard, not at the back wall of your home.
- If your hot tub is being fully or partially sunk into a deck, it should be placed BEFORE the deck is finished. Have your deck builder leave a few boards out from around the hot tub hole until the spa is safely in place. This will help prevent damage to the tub and deck and allow the final boards to be properly trimmed to fit the hot tub’s contours.
If you’re planning a deck install for your hot tub, there are other things to think about. But this is a good list to get you started. As always, give us a call or stop by for guidance. We’d be happy to help!