What is Hydrotherapy and How Can it Help?
Each day it seems like a new type of therapy pops up. If you Google ‘available therapy in America’, you will get a list of therapies as long as your grandson’s Christmas wish-list. Targeted therapies such as physical therapy, psychotherapy, and occupational therapy can be amazing assets. Those therapies dealing with specific, targeted relief for different areas of your body.
But there may be one therapy you might not have heard of.
Instead of being a new therapy, hydrotherapy is an age-old, trusted-and-tried therapy. It doesn’t just impact one part of the body. Hydrotherapy holistically works through warm water and water massage to bring relief, restoration, and rejuvenation to the entire human body. And, boy, is it outstanding.
BENEFITS OF HYDROTHERAPY
From Roman and Turkish baths to hot mineral spas, the healing powers of warm water therapy are well established in other cultures. The people who utilize them have had extensive results. New studies being released show all the amazing health benefits to so many different parts of the human body through hydrotherapy.
With warm water therapy, including submersion up to the shoulders or neck, comes the increase in body temperature and blood flow. That increase in circulation, in turn, creates more oxygen delivery to the prefrontal cortex and other areas of the brain. The study showed these amazing results:
- Decrease in Fibromyalgia pain
- Improvement in cognitive function
- Development of higher pain tolerance
- Reduction in other pain symptoms
- More oxygen-rich blood being sent to the pre-frontal cortex
- Quicker brain and body reactions
- Increased and sustained mental ability
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved speech function
- Elevation of mood for several hours
- Decreased stress, agitation and anxiety
- Less mental health- and pain- management through prescriptions
Further benefits of hydrotherapy may also include:
- Reduction of muscle spasms
- Strengthening of weak muscles
- Improvement of balance
- Increased flexibility of joint range of motion
- Recovery after athletic activity
- Decrease in Rheumatoid Arthritis pain
- Improvement in pain for Osteoarthritis
- Release of toxins from the body
- Ease into a good night’s sleep
Sometimes modern medicine tends to move away from ancient wisdom. We are so glad this is not the case with hydrotherapy. With a quality hot tub, such as a spa from Hot Spring, hydrotherapy can be brought directly to you at home. At any time of the day or night, your personal hydrotherapy spa can be ready and waiting to help bring you the relief, rest and rejuvenation that your body needs.
Are YOU ready to feel better? Experience the hydrotherapy different for yourself. Schedule your private test soak to see what spa options fit your needs best. Backyard Oasis is the premier dealer of the large line of Hot Spring spas. With financing available, we will help get you on your way to feeling your best. Come see us today!